Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My commute

I'm commuting from Layton to SLC (Cottonwood Heights to be exact) for work each day. Yes, it's a long drive, but for now that's what I have to do. Most days Chris and I carpool in. I drop him off downtown, head to WVC to take Anna to the sitters, then jump back on the freeway and head to work. It takes just over an hour...and that's with GOOD traffic.

Anna does pretty well on the drive. I think she's used to it now so she does things to keep herself entertained; taking off her socks and shoes and throwing them, saying "yuck" when she sees big diesel trucks, and singing to the radio. But for the most part, she simply sits quietly and looks out the window. She's got her dad's eyes...meaning she can spot the smallest animal from the farthest distance. "Duck! Cow! Horse! Plane!" I constantly hear from the back seat.

I took these pictures when we were stopped in traffic. I thought she looked so cute with her little hands folded. Quite the little lady she's growing up to be.