Sunday, February 1, 2009

MyGym and "THAT MOM"

I took Anna to the MyGym open house on Saturday to meet Elmo and get some play time in with Kaylee and Avva. Anna LOVED it. She loved it so much that when circle time started, she wanted nothing to do with the circle and wanted to keep playing. So I became "THAT MOM". Ya know when you're at the store and you see a mom dragging a crying, kick kid out and you say "I don't ever want to be THAT MOM!"...that's I was on Saturday. I was THAT MOM.

I was THAT MOM again when Anna decided she didn't want to leave MyGym. So there in the lobby she once again threw an enormous fit crying about not wanting to leave and playing in the balls. I kept my composure long enough to put her shoes on and carry her out the car. She got a 10 minute lecture on the way home about her attitude. I felt like I was lecturing a 15 yr old!

She did love Elmo thought. Wasn't 100% sure about him, but enough that she gave him a quick hug and then went back to playing. Even though she was upset (which according to Erica and Angie, the first visit is always the toughest), she did have a great time playing.
**
The famous ball pit
A quick hug for Elmo



Avva & Kaylee