Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Birthday Celebration Part 1

Somehow my child got in ingrained in her head that birthday's in the Perkins home are not just a day celebration, but rather a WEEK LONG festival, full of activities and catering to your every whim.


Now where could she have gotten such an idea?

DON'T LOOK AT ME!

This is 100% pure Chris Perkins right there. Even at 37 he thinks his birthday lasts a full week. So of course children learn from their parents and...


...Que CHUCK E CHEESE!


The week leading up to Anna's birthday all she could talk about was going to Chuck E Cheese. I've never taken her, so how on earth she got the idea in her head that it was a fun place to go to, I'll never know. Wait. She saw a commercial for it. Just like those stupid Fuzzy Noodle pipe cleaners she HAD to have last Christmas, she sees C.E.C. on TV and for 3 days nonstop on the commute to and from work, she breaks me down. Little by little.


It's an odd thing how a 4yr old can wear you down like that. The next thing I knew I was sitting in the parking lot of C.E.C!


So deciding that I was not going to sit there alone as my children ran wild like something out of the Lord of the Flies, I called for reinforcement. Their Dad?? Oh, no! I was calling in reinforcement for ME! Emotional Reinforcement! VIRGINIA!!



Couldn't miss getting Abby in the Jeep. It runs in the family.

It IS a Jeep thing!