Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Little notes

Last night I was in the basement, cleaning out the cat liter. Yes it's supposed to be Anna's responsibility since it's her cat, but I prefer to do it because when I watch her scoop the poop I'm always afraid she's going to flip the scooper and I have this image playing out in my mind in slow motion of cat turds flying through the air.

Anyhow, so I'm wrists deep in the cat box and she's pretty much hovering over me "Mom! Mom! MOM! MOM!"

I'll admit. I got short with her.
"Anna, quit bugging me and let me finish this first!"

She gives a quiet whimper just loud enough for me to hear her, but not loud enough for me to get after her for whining.

So bath time comes and goes and she's offering me this plastic flower toy. Peace offering I assume!
"Yes Anna, I see, yes, yes it's very nice. ABBY COME GET SOME CLOTHES ON!!"

Next thing I know she's standing in my bedroom next to my dresser. Plastic flower sitting on top next to this hand written note.


This kid, she makes me stop right in my tracks sometimes. Let's just say she ended up saying "Okay mom, you can stop hugging me now" because I felt so bad.