Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Welcome Abigail Joy Perkins


We welcomed Abigail Joy to our family on November 5th.
She weighed in at even 7 pounds and was 19 inches long.
She has the perfect amount of hair. Not too bald, not too hairy. She's perfect.

I spent 4 days in the hospital and came home on Sunday. It's nice to be home but man I miss getting room service every day! At McKay Dee Hospital you get to order your meals. None of this "eat what we give you, when we give it to you". You get 3 meals a day, when YOU want and you get to order off a full menu. Man it was nice. Now I'm back to cold cereal and PB&J's!!

The only thing that kind of sucked is because of the flu/cold/H1N1 season, the hospital is pretty much on visitor lock down. You are only allowed 2 visitors the ENTIRE TIME you are in the hospital. So Chris and my mom were the only 2 allowed to visit. Well, I did have a secret 3 visitor, but Angie and I are claiming it was a non-surgical consult she was providing (she's an O.R. nurse, so she "accidentally" took the elevator to the maternity ward).

Anna absolutely loves her little sister. She claims her name is "Baby Abby" and won't let me call her just Abby. Anna also grew up over 4 days. When I left she was my little girl, when I came home she was this little grown up. I know size wise she'd look huge, but overall in general she seems so much older and wiser than when we left. Amazing.

I took this the morning we went to the hospital. What a big belly!!

Getting ready for the big event

These would have been great Halloween costumes!And there she is!I love this picture. It's like she's saying "HEEEYYY" in some sassy Mo'nique sorta voice.I look much better after this birth than when I had Anna. That's the difference between a scheduled c-section and 12 hours of labor!!My "secret" visitor Angie. Who also brought me yummy cupcakes on Saturday. Of which I shared 1 and ate the rest. Man they were good!!Even at 2 days old she knows which team she's rooting for!
Grandma & Abby Getting ready to head homeMy two girls

Aunt Tanny

In each room they had these cute little stickers above the doors. So cute.