Saturday, March 5, 2011

A little visit from Oregon

My friend Shea came into town to visit from Oregon. I have to say that even though we hadn't seen each other in about 4 1/2 years, we just connect as if it were yesterday.

Shea and I first met in Kindergarten, but it wasn't until 5/6 grade that we really became friends. She is just one of those friends that is just always there for you. No judgement, no hesitations. Just 100% there for you. I always admired her for her strength. I don't ever remember a time where she let someone ever make her feel less that who she really was. She was smart in school. Oh my gosh I remember her just being so good at school. She moved away for college and ended up falling in love with Oregon and meeting her husband there.

Oh but what fun times we had! The first time I went on the Moab Jeep Safari was with Shea. We used to dance to INXS on my dad's video camera (totally still have the tapes for blackmail purposes!), we'd watch Stand By Me over and over again. She loved River Phoenix and Madonna and always had strong faith in God. I admired that because she never let anything compromise her faith.

Anna meeting Sami for the first time. She had her giggling so hard.
Such a cute little girl. Happy just like her mama!Anna and Braedon quickly became pals. In fact Shea and I have already arranged for them to go to Oregon State together and date through college. No pressure kids!
Sami Jean
At first I thought "how did Anna get Braedon to play dolls?" Then it hit me. They are playing dinosaurs who attack the doll house! Thank you Shea for coming up and visiting us. I had a great afternoon with you.
And thanks for 25 fabulous years of friendship, and many, many more to come!