Sunday, May 1, 2011

Moab Easter Jeep Safari Part II

TRAIL TWO:
Poison Spider


For big Saturday we did the Poison Spider trail. The weather wasn't as nice, a little rainy in the morning, but it was still a fun day.

The line up on Main Street. It's one of the things I love the best about Big Saturday. Seeing all those Jeeps lined up and watching the parade take off.




Josh on the "Waterfall"


The thing I love about this trail is that there were so many obstacles and you come back down the way you went up. I will say the trail leaders were a little selfish in their time and not really "wanting" everyone to try the big obstacles, but overall we made the best of what we had and had a fun time.





"The Wedgie" Looking out of Moab on the top of the trail.
Beautiful lookout

Little Arch seen from the top of the trail
There are more Jeeping pictures, however MY camera battery died and so I took the rest of the trail pictures on Virginia's camera. That's a hint to you V to download and get me a CD!!

I remember when I was growing up and we'd travel in the motor home, my dad always drove and my mom sat beside him. All the kids were in the back. I love driving in the RV with Chris. I get to pass down my memories of family trips with my girls. There was a lot of waiting around on the trails this year. People break down, people get stuck, they stop for lunch and have pow-wows, but we've come to expect that with the safari's. My first safari was in 1993 and this year marked my 7th event. We will definitely check the trail guides next year and that may influence what trails we run, but I have a feeling Big Saturday will always be part of our agenda as long as I have a say!!

Overall we had a GREAT trip. So happy that Josh & Virginia and Bryan and Krista were able to come down with us. Oh yes, and Autumn too!!