Friday, March 8, 2013

Day 7

Day seven was unique! My coworker John is working on a health lifestyle change after an eye-opening visit to his cardiologist a few months back. Since then he has dumped the sweets, the sodas, and more of the sweets. He comes in with his fruit and veggie smoothies and makes the office try them. I must admit one of my favorites so far was some type of beet leaves smoothie. Yummy to say the least.

After discussing the benefits of walking with hand weights with my CEO at work, John immediately went out and bought us a pair. Mine are a pretty pink 2lb's! With the weather stating to warm up just a tad, we can finally get back to walking around our BEAUTIFUL industrial area we work in. Dump trucks and diesels and train tracks OH MY!


John has also been trying to stick to a plant based diet. And with this he has been experimenting with vegan restaurants. I must say, he has me quite interested. Our first outing was to the Vertical Diner, which I ordered a breakfast burrito with tofu and "fake cheese". IT WAS AMAZING!! Who knew a burrito with tofu scrambled like eggs and fake grain "cheese" could be so good??

This week we hit up the Cafe SuperNatural. We decided to get separate plates and split them. (next time I'm getting my OWN it was so good). I'm glad John is helping me try new things.


LEFT: This dish had rice noodles, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and sesame in a ginger dressing. Oh my gosh it was SO good! RIGHT: Machu Picchu (Steamed quinoa served with steamed seasonal vegetables and roasted chili cashew cream sauce)