Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Fabulous Friends

Our neighborhood was the perfect neighborhood to start raising our young girls. So many kids live in our neighborhood. At times it was overwhelming how many kids there were. I felt my front door was a revolving door, that the minute we got home a GREEN LIGHT would come on and that a special kid signal went out to all the neighbors saying "THE PERKINS ARE HOME". Seriously, it was vary rare for the girls NOT to have a friend over every night.
 
But I loved it. I loved watching my girls bond and form relationships and be silly and crazy!
 
Anna was only 1 1/2 when we moved into our home. I saw her make her first friend next door. I watched the little girl across the street finally work up the courage to come over and play.
 
I saw boys be born into families as I welcomed my own little girl. I saw those boys become little buddies to Abby. I saw them try to keep up with her on days, and her keep up with them on the other days. I saw dirt removed from my garden, dump trucks in the yard, rocks piled up on the sidewalks and bugs in cups.
 
I saw these cute little toddlers become pretty little girls. One giggled over Justin Bieber, one loved the jump on the trampoline, another loved Monster High dolls. It was fun having these kids in my home day after day.
 
One of the last days in our home I was explain to one of them how we will be living with Grandma temporarily until the end of June. She said "I wish I was part of your family." I started to cry, hugged her and said "You ARE part of our family!"