Monday, June 10, 2013

In limbo

Well we are officially OUT of our home, OUT of the motorhome and IN my mom's home. For three weeks.

I feel so in limbo right now. My old house (albeit we still own it), but it isn't MY house anymore. I can't go home to it. My new house is in another state and until I finish up work, I can't go home to it either. My mom's house, which was my home for the first 20 years of my life, and then another 3 years later on, doesn't really feel like "home" anymore. I feel like I'm renting a room from a nice lady with crazy cats! Yes that lady IS my mom, but the cats are still crazy!!

I hate the feeling of being unsettled. And that's how I've felt for a month now. Like a plant that can't stretch out its roots because it's in one of those black temporary containers you bring it home in from the nursery.

I WANT TO STRETCH MY ROOTS!!

Until then, enjoy some recent pictures!

Remember that crazy, busy weekend that Perk and I drove up and back to Idaho in one day? Ya well before that drive we spent the day at the zoo with my sisters. 

Oldest grandkid, youngest grandkid.
Both stubborn in their own ways.
Both blond with big cheeks as kids.
Love them!

Anna's eagle with the real eagle.
(notice how she has her stuffed eagle perched on her arm!)

This man is whipped. And he'll admit it.

Spending time with friends.

Anna and Lauren

Bear and the Wheatley farm dogs
The cutest thing was having Woody lay across my lap on the couch as I watched Days of Our Lives (don't judge) on my laptop as the girls took a bath. Good dog Woody!!
 
The Thursday before school got out, my neighbor Camille and I took all Anna's friends to Cherry Berry as a "goodbye". I think they had a good time!! Sure going to miss those little faces.

Our temporary home.
Glad it was only for a week!

The horse sneezed on Abby's hand just as she was about it feed it.
Look at her expression! Priceless!!

My mommy came and saved me from having to drive that big scary motorhome back to SLC!!

Happy 10th birthday Emily. FINALLY, someone who loves Monster High was much as Anna does!
p.s. Mike your cake was AWESOME!

Laziest dogs ever.
Okay actually the beagles are the laziest dogs ever, but these two are so big that you notice them always sleeping in the middle of the floor more than the corner sleeper beagles!

Big fat beagle thinks it's a lap dog.

Finding ways to keep us entertained.
It really is odd not to have a dozen neighbor kids around at all times.
Guess that's what the beagles and cats are for?
 And yes, Abby is in the stage of life where she want to be topless all the time