Sunday, July 14, 2013

Saying Goodbye

 
I have officially moved out of Utah! The past 2 months have been wildly crazy with finding renters for our home, moving everything out, temporary living spots, back and forth and training my replacement at work and of course saying goodbye to everyone and everything. I know
 
But it's all done.
 
Other than a trip to SLC the first part of August for Anna's birthday party (she totally suckered me into letting her invite THREE of her friends to Lagoon for her birthday gift), I have no other trips planned to the Beehive state any time soon.
 
We've had a couple visitors up here so far and a few more scheduled to come. I'm excited to show off my little town (see mom we DO have a gas station!!) 
 
Saying goodbye to so many great friends and coworkers was definitely hard. I've built some really great relationships.  

John started Varsity one month after I did. We quickly became great friends. We like to think we're each others therapy because we can take walks, complain or vent, enjoy a good meal together and then get back to work and be productive. I'm really going to miss him. Good thing we have Skype!

For my last luncheon together, John took me to the Garden Restaurant at the Joseph Smith Building for lunch. I've never been there and it was wonderful.
 
Our view from the restaurant.  
 
On Tuesday night I planned a dinner with my mom, sisters and niece. We of course went to Canton Wok, although I always feel bad that my sister Tannia is suck a PICKY eater that she'll only eat ham fried rice. Well she's gone 42 years being this picky, I guess she knows what she's doing right?! And since my oldest sister Steph is moving to Mississippi in August so I thought this would be a great way to get all of us gals together one last time.  

The last day in SLC I planned a play date for Anna and her BFF's. She's REALLY missing them and having lots of friends around to play with all the time. It's a big transition for her going from a neighborhood LOADED with kids, to having just 2 close neighbors.  If the new neighbors can't play, she gets bored. It will be nice when school starts so she can meet new friends, and hopefully once we get set up in our ward, that will make for new friendships as well. We need the play dates!!!


Anna, Ashlynn and Lauren. I think I miss having these girls around as much as Anna does.
We had never been to the Roy Aquatic Center before, and I must say it was really fun and pretty dang cheap too!

The few days I came back to SLC we once again stayed at my mom's. The girls have had enough of the back and forth but made the best of what time we did have. They were able to see our Nina again, spend some time with their friends, cousins and of course my mom.
 
I had to take this picture! The weekend I finally moved back I was checking out brochures at the local RV park in my tiny little town and came across the flyer for the Museum of Clean. This place was created by the founder of the company I work for.