Monday, November 25, 2013

Welcome to Winter

 
One of the first things Chris did when we moved to the Teton Valley was to buy a family season pass to Grand Targhee Ski resort.
 
Winters are long here, so we might as well enjoy the snow right?!
 
Luckily Abby is still free to ski. With our pass we were actually able to add my niece Autumn to it, so hopefully she'll discover a fondness for snow/cold and get out on the mountain with us.
 
We hit up opening day at Targhee with such excitement! The weather was AWESOME! Blue skies and nice temps!
 
 


 
This is me with the utmost excitement that I finally made it to the bottom of one of the hills.
Not sure why but it kicked my butt.
Epic falls, poles in the air, classy Cindy right there!
I swore.
A lot.
I was so frustrated that I couldn't just get down the friggin mountain in one run.
 
The first run went great. Then Chris said "let's go down here, the run has been groomed already"
Sure! Let's do it.
I got cocky. Too early in the season for that!
 
Sure glad I provided some entertainment to those watching above on the chairlifts.


 First run of the season 

We decided to mortgage our first home and put Abby in the "1/2 daycare with 1 lesson" program for the day so Chris and I could get a few runs in before having the girls with us for the rest of the day.
 
She really enjoyed it AND she got an hour long one-on-one ski lesson with a PROFESSIONAL.
*I'm kidding on the mortgage comment although at times living up here it feels that way!


She is my little snow bunny

At lunch time Chris went to pick Anna up from school and bring her up, so Abby and I hit the kiddie hill.
She likes SPEED and wants to GO FAST
 

And when she's tired she just wants to eat snow
 

When Anna arrived we took turns taking the girls down the training hill
 
 
The thing with Anna is that she wants to do it right the first time.
No falling.
No practicing.
No "here sit and watch me first".
 
But as we know with MOST things in life...that doesn't always work out the way WE want it to.
I love Anna and her determination.
She had fun when she was doing well, but got frustrated when she wasn't.
This kid wants to do it once and then go down the big hill.
 

I have no doubt in my mind that after a few more days on the small hill, she'll be hitting up the bigger (okay bigger for kids that is) hills in no time!
 

I'm pretty sure this will be our norm from now until April.
Hitting the slopes.
Pink noses.
Cocoa in the lodge.
Huge memories!