Thursday, January 15, 2015

Welcome Olivia Lee Perkins

Funny how having a baby and dealing with the holidays can make you so busy (and tired) that you just forget to blog about everything.

Yes, that's right. We had our baby!

Night before the big day! Look at that big belly!
 
Olivia Lee Perkins
November 14, 2014 at 7:55am 
7lbs 11 oz
19 inches
 
The surgery took a bit longer since I had my tubes tied and was the roughest of the 3 cesareans. I loved my doctor but his assistant was quite rough and I don't think the epidural was as high up as the previous 2 surgeries. I was numb, but not as numb as previously and not as numb high up.

My obligatory ugly cry pic. My oxygen had slipped from my nose and since I couldn't use my arms, it just hung there until a nurse finally noticed it. Thankfully Perk snapped the picture BEFORE it was corrected. Details right! :-)
Olivia's oxygen level was a little low at birth so she spent a few hours in the transitional nursery while they got her levels up. Other than that she was perfect!
 
 
 




 
 
I was so excited to have Anna and Abby come to visit their sister. When Abby was born the hospital visitation only allowed for 2 visitors and NO children due to the H1N1 being at maximum level, so Anna had to wait to meet her little sister until we came home from the hospital. This time children were welcome so my mom brought them up. They were so cute holding her for the first time. Melts my heart every time I see these pictures.
 
 
 Headed home! I was so swollen from all the water I was retaining...I couldn't even wear shoes to walk out in! I brought my running shoes AND a pair of slip on's, and neither fit my fat feet. I walked out in socks. Socks in a hospital. Very hygienic!