Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas Traditions

Chris and I set up our tree today. It's so nice to be in our own home for Christmas this year. I feel really blessed that we have done so much those past 2 years to get to where we are at.
***
Chris getting frustrated (okay this picture is totally staged!!)


Even Anna helped put ornaments on the tree. And then she'd turn around and take the ornaments OFF the tree.Even the dogs got into the spirit. Okay not really, but I liked to make them try!!


My dad had a Dickens Village that he would set up every Thanksgiving weekend, it would take all day. He'd unpack box after box, set up the town, the river, the lights, etc. It was a huge project, but it was tradition. My family decided to carry on that tradition this weekend by meeting at my mom's on Saturday morning to get everything set up. Steph and Will did a great job setting the village up, I tackled lights with Tanny. One thing I had to laugh at; my dad used to make me climb in the Attic to get all the boxes down...I STILL HAD TO CLIMB IN THAT DANG ATTIC!! I laughed when I was up there, thinking about my dad, and cried a little too. It was hard to pull all the Christmas stuff down knowing he won't be here this year. But he was there on Saturday as we set up that village. Oh and I'm sure he was watching over Tanny and I as we were setting up the outside lights. Probably telling us HOW to do it when we stood there trying to guess how he had "Macgivered" the lights from previous years!!!
Will and Steph standing next to their creation