Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Family

My dad's funeral was on Wednesday. It was a beautiful service, everything he would have wanted. He had a full military send off which included a flag draped coffin, 3-gun solute and a Taps solo. There was also a bagpipe player that played as my dad was brought to his final resting place. My sister Stephanie and niece Jodi read poems and Tannia and I gave a talk. There were many people there to pay respects to dad and offer condolences to my family. The best part of the service was when Willie Nelson's "On The Road Again" played as my father was taken from the chapel to the hearse. That was his final "trip" and a very fitting send off for him.

After the service my family headed to my Mom's and we all toasted to my dad. The adults had a beer and the kids had Papa's favorite...BEAR JUICE (a.k.a. ice tea)!
My dad was a GREAT man. He left behind a very loving family that will cherish him forever!

Chris, me, Jared, Tannia, Mom, Stephanie and Will

My sisters Tannia and Stephanie

Me, Anna and Chris


Larry, Jodi, Steph, Will and Andy

Taylor, Spencer, Jared, Tannia, Haylee, Ethan Autumn and Ashley


Larry and Jodi

Me and my Mom

Autumn


Grandma, Spencer and Ashley
Taylor