Thursday, December 31, 2009

Here's to 2010

It's resolution time!
Some people think it's funny to make resolutions. I think it's a way to keep yourself accountable for certain things you want change in. I like to look at them as goals. If they are written out for you to see...you're more likely to accomplish them and take personal accountability for them if you don't.

So let's get started!!

1. Become debt free. With the exception of our house and student loans, I have no doubt in my mind we will be debt free in 2010! Getting out and staying out!

2. Become a stay-at-home mom. I'm going to work on building up my Mary Kay business so I'm able to come home with the girls. Why on earth should I go to work for someone else every single day who is going to control how much money I make regardless of how hard I work? Why should I have to pay someone else to raise my kids so I can sit at a job that's not going to get me the things I really want in life?? My point exactly!

3. Become healthier. I was going to say "get into shape", but I'd rather know my body is HEALTHY, than a certain size. I'll run more, play more, hike more, explore more, and get outside more.

4. Relax more. I'm such a busy body that I don't take the time to just sit back and relax when I should. Having to sit with a newborn for feedings has certainly helped!! The kitchen doesn't always need to be spotless, the clothes on the floor not always put up. This one is going to be a stretch!! :-)

5. Read more. I like this one. I'm starting with Dr. Wayne Dyer's book "Excuses Begone!" I'm excited to start it! I have a closet full of great books to complete this year. Plus Anna is such a copy cat, I'd rather her sit down and pick up a book, than sit down and pick up the remote!!