Sunday, December 19, 2010

I'm feeling crafty!!!

The last week before Christmas and I AM FEELING THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT!! What does that mean? It means I get CRAFTY!! Forget the hustle and bustle of what makes the holiday so commercial, and really take the time to think about the reason for the season and just stop and breathe. When I craft, it's just me, the glue gun and my thoughts. It's my down time. My relax time. My re-coop time.

So I've found a few new craft sites and got some great, easy ideas. I actually have completed these boards, but I'm waiting for that silly measuring tape to appear so I can hang them in Abby's room. I made a few for Anna's room and did manage to hang hers. Pics to come soon!

So this week I'd like to work on these cute skirts. They seem pretty easy to make, however I don't own a sewing machine so that's the one thing stopping me. I might hand sew or see if I can find a used machine online for dirt cheap or ask around to borrow one.

Click HERE for the tutorial

Another craft I thought would be super easy and cheap to make are these fun coasters. I got the idea of a new craft site I came across call Joy Is At Home

Click HERE for the tutorialThey seem super easy to make and would be fun gift ideas. I like the idea of using them as candle stands too!
LET THE CRAFTING BEGIN!