Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring means yard work

Since Mother Nature has finally decided to let Spring arrive in Utah, it was time to get out in the yard and do a little work. Okay "little" is an understatement.
Here we raked all the old bark out of the front gardens. I filled the trash can so full that I doubt we'll be able to take out any house trash this week. I also filled a smaller can and a garbage bag full! But the garden already looks much better. The bark was old and ugly and will be replaced with red shredded bark. I'll have to plan raking the backyard gardens out on a light garbage day!!

Josh let Chris borrow his mower that had a power raker on it. I cannot believe how much dead grass it pulled up. But again, no room in the garbage can so we have bags and bags of grass clippings after mowing it all up.

Hopefully in a few weeks I can take some updated pictures of a beautiful green, full lawn!