Monday, November 22, 2010

An Eventful Weekend

Saturday we went to Fat Cats for a bowling party for Chris's work. Man I haven't been bowling in YEARS! And it showed too. I kinda sucked. Anna did pretty well, even if you could sit back down and have a conversation with someone before the ball even hit the pins.

Saturday night my niece Autumn came up and spent the night so Chris and I could have a date night. He's always teasing me about never trying anything new, so I picked out an Italian restaurant we had never been to. Well let's just say there is probably a reason it is right next door to a high school. I'm sure the 17yrs old love the food. But for us, for date night, it was okay. After dinner went to see Due Date, which is hilarious! It might even be one we add to our home collection!

Sunday was the last day of the pheasant hunt and since it had been snowing all night & morning, Chris talked me into letting him skip church and go out one last time. It actually worked out well. Anna and I were able to go and actually listen, while Abby stayed home with my niece Autumn. I must say I didn't mind not walking the halls with a fussy 1 yr old for an hour!

Chris got his pheasant so of course Autumn was right there to help him clean it. She wants to be a vet and is taking a FFA class in school. This kid has so much potential. I'm so proud of her.
And YES, I did eat some for dinner.
There I said it.
Now Chris can't tell me I never try anything new!