Sunday, July 10, 2011

Celebrating 10 Years

Chris and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary on the 6th. We've been together for 18 years now. For the night my niece Autumn came up to watch the girls and we went to dinner at Tepanyaki and then went to see the movie Bridesmaids.

About 2 years ago at Christmas time, Chris lost his wedding ring. So I surprised him with a new ring this year. The price of gold is outrageous right now, so I bought him a "holding" ring. You know, "here's a ring to hold you over until I feel like throwing a thousand bucks out for another ring!!" It's still a nice ring. Titanium and yellow gold.


As for me? I'm going to pick out a new mountain bike this weekend for my gift!!

Traditional: tin, aluminum

Modern: diamond

So a new ring and a bike? I think we followed the rules. Somewhat!

I love this man. He's my best friend, my biggest cheerleader and my sidekick. We've had our share of ups and downs, highs and lows, but at the end of the day it's just me and him. We've got each others backs. I couldn't have met a more perfect person to share the rest of my life with and raise a family with. He's THE best dad. He's tough when he needs to be, and soft when the girls need him. I love his imperfections and his strengths. To grow up with the life he did, and be the man he is today, well there is no doubt in my mind he has MANY guardian angels. I'm just glad they led him to me!



Oh and I totally kicked his butt at air hockey.