Monday, July 11, 2011

Camping at Echo

Chris arranged for a weekend camp trip for his office staff, so this past weekend we headed up to Echo Lake. It was my first time there, both camping and being on the lake. The lake itself was nice. But the campground I nicknamed Shitzville. What should have been two camp spots we had reserved, felt like just one. RV’s were stacked next to each other like sardines. We were so close we couldn't even put the awning out on the RV. And the quality of people there… Well let’s just say it was like camping in a Walmart parking lot. We still made the best of it though.

Chris's buddy Pace has a boat and was nice enough to take us out on it.
Anna liked the tube.


In the early afternoon the lake was calm enough that the kids were able to swim off the "beach" without having too much lake junk in their way.



Coworkers



I don’t like to think I’m “high maintenance”, but I really have come to love RV parks and the amenities they provide. I think I’m going to stick to the higher standard RV camping I’m used to and leave the dirt spots for the hard core kids!