Friday, January 10, 2014

December went by in a flash!


I cannot believe how fast 2013 went.
The whole month of December is a blur! and an expensive one at that!
This was our first Christmas in our tiny little town, so Chris and I made sure to make the most of all the free events the city puts on.
We saw a live manger, had free potatoes & chili at the Dutch oven place, had movie night at the elementary, spent time at Teton Springs to see Santa and enjoyed a local craft fair (who doesn't LOVE a craft fair?) and horse drawn carriage rides on Main Street.
 
This sure beats standing in line at a crowded mall to see "Santa"! 


We decided we wanted to spend Christmas morning in our own home so we traveled to Salt Lake the weekend prior to visit with family and friends. Even the dogs were excited to go! We loaded the car FULL and headed to visit with family and friends. It was a packed trip with little downtime.
 
 
Christmas morning came and the girls were super excited.
Finally all those threats of "We'll call Santa!" had come to an end and the girls sure reaped the benefits of being good this year!
Even Petunia got into the Christmas spirit...or just gave up fighting and let Anna dress her in a festive outfit!
 
It was a busy holiday season and I'm kind of glad it's over. I baked. A LOT. Which also means I ate. A LOT...which will bring me to my 2014 Goals posting .... soon!!