Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I really need a name for my home gym

 Well here it is. My home gym. There isn't much but it definitely has enough to get most of the job done. I'm pretty proud of my set up here because I can really work out hard and mix it up and get all the exercises in that I need.
 
I have a Proform Treadmill that has a kick ass incline option
Next to that is my old skool weight bench. It has an incline for chest presses, can do flies and then ham & quad curls and I've got quite a few weigh rolls so I can increase the intensity as I build up.
HA! We're still building up so I pretty much keep it at 25lbs for now!! LOL
 


I've also incorporated my old Reebok Step Bench. It's great because I can lower or raise it for different cardio jumps or body lifts. I also have a yoga mat (that the dog things is his) that I use for floor exercises or stretching. 

I have a large stability ball and a smaller one. The large on I actually had at my office and would sit on it while working to help build the core up a bit. Most times I'm afraid to say I did nothing more than bum rolls and bouncing on it! :)
 
I have a nice supply of free weight ranging from 2lbs up to 25lbs.
I would LOVE to get a kettle bell, but lifting one of those compared to doing the same exercise with say an 8lb dumbbell doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
 
Speak up ladies? Kettle bell. Is it worth owning???
 
I also bought this contraption.
I really wanted to have bands to work on shoulders and of course upper arms.
So far no kids have been yelled at and the cat could care less.
Win-Win for Me!
 
This is my leftover box. It contains a few older bands and a small medicine ball. It's kind of like me "go put it in or go find it in" basket 
 

 And lastly...my trainers.
I have the P90X set
I have the Insanity set
I use the Nike Training App on the iPad
I have exercise videos from Jillian Michaels (I totally ordered her 2 yoga dvd's tonight...honest to God I did!!), I have some Shakeology free DVD, the full Zumba kit, The Firm, MMA Deka 10 and countless others that are still themselves stuck in the 80's...VHS tapes!! I miss Buns of Steel and Step Bench from the 80's.
 
I really need to get a VCR so I can reinvest time!! I might need some hot pink spandex and a can of aerosol hairspray to pull it all off!!


Anyhow ladies, this is my gym. It's at home in my basement and it's where the kids know that when Mommy is working out, they need to be playing or reading or anything else other than being in the room asking a million questions, or tattle telling, or yelling that they are hungry.

This is where Mommy puts on her headphones and zones out to HOUSE OF CARDS for 55 minutes of ME time. Most times I just pretend I can't hear a single word they say when I'm in the zone.