Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Moving right along

 
I am LOVING the white cabinets.
When we were deciding on the kitchen, our interior design rep said to use Pinterest to save down anything and everything we liked. Well when I brought my iPad to our design meeting, we looked through all the pictures I had pinned and 85% of them had white cabinets. Chris decided to add in the stained island which I'm so glad we did. I've seen so many pictures of kitchen who have done the 2 tones and they look amazing! Once our hard wood floors are installed it's really going to pull everything together.
 
And I don't care if white is "trendy" right now. I love them and a lighter kitchen makes me happy!
 
We did spend a little (*gulp*) money to upgrade the cabinets. That's a really big cost if you do it later, so we spent a little upfront to get what we want and what will look nice.
We also had an entry way added from the kitchen to the formal dining room (just left of the pantry in the picture). We took the bottom cabinets that would have been there and had them to our island.
 
 

We kept the same style cabinet throughout the house, but stained the ones that go in the bathrooms. This is the master bath with double sinks.

Fireplace mantel is also in!
I think the white mantel really helped to break up the tile and wall color. It's always hard to tell in pictures, but the dark grout looks good against the white. Our carpet is going to be a really dark brown, so I'm anxious to see it all together. 


Exterior of home is done! They painted the eves white and painted my shutters black. Front door will be painted black too.
Now we just need our driveway, porch railing and front steps!