Monday, April 27, 2015

Why building a home is expensive

Building a home is expensive, not only because well, you're building a new home, but because now you have to furnish it.
What?
Put the OLD furniture in it?
GAH!! The thought!
Truthfully we aren't buying all new stuff, but we do have some really neat decorating ideas and will need to buy a few things to fill the house eventually. Nothing is super urgent other than the washer and dryer.
 
I've spent enough time at furniture stores these past few months that I thought I'd share some of our ideas/thoughts/whataretheythinkings 
 
We are thinking of putting something like this on both sides of the fireplace since we didn't want the built-in shelves.
 
No idea where I'd put this little stand...but I kinda like it!
 
I would love to have a nice office desk so I can put my little desk/hutch in Anna's room for her to do her homework on.
 
Outdoor patio and fire pit? Yes please.
I can see all the sticky melted marshmellows stuck to the table now!
 
Maybe the main floor bathroom?
In our last home we had 2 old crates we secured to the wall. I was able to fit 2 small canvas containers in each and used them to store my makeup and lotions.
I loved those crates.
I miss those crates (I'm sure my renters are loving them now!)
...maybe I can find more and recreate that look.
If not, I like this idea of the file rack for magazines and an extra hand towel. 
 
I want to get vinyl lettering with HELLO in this font for my front door.
LOVE IT! My girlfriend thinks it should read "GO AWAY" instead.

 
IKEA. No idea where I'd hang it, but mama wants it!
 
Another IKEA find. We need 3 stools for our counter and these roll up and down for height. Perfect for growing kids, and MY budget. However the husband seems to think that EVERYTHING you buy from IKEA is cheap crap (gasp, I know!) and found stools like these online for much more. I'm hoping we can compromise and find middle ground and middle budget here!
 
We found these stools at a model home in Farmington.
They do look much better than the IKEA ones for sure.
 
Another option for stools.
 
A lot of the model homes we've walked have large mirrors leaning up against the wall, rather than being mounted. IKEA has the most affordable I've found so far.
 
 Kinda digging the birds picture! Maybe office?
 
Chairs for the front porch?
Yes please!
 
Eventually we will finish the basement, and when we do this would be a great idea for an eating station that doesn't take up much room.
 
LOVE the light fixture. Pottery Barn has some great fixtures that I'd love to change out our basic fixtures in place of.

 The husband doesn't think we need a new bed, HA! Funny little man.
I love the fabric headboard.
He thinks they are just the current trend.
Sure...CUZ THEY ROCK!
 
 I don't even know where to start for the backyard.
We've both agreed we want a large entertaining area, semi-covered.
We love this pergola set that is at another model home in Kaysville.
Maybe I'll just hang out here until my back yard is complete?