Thursday, April 16, 2015

Things part 2

Despite the obvious "my own house again" thing, here is a list of things I'm really super excited about (yes, I said SUPER excited like I'm a 13 yr old girl!)

Kids bathroom - I love my children. Let me state that again. I LOVE my children, but I don't want to share a bathroom with them again. The toothpaste globs and empty toilet paper rolls. I'M OVER IT! Actually I'm more excited about having a bathtub again and not just a shower. Sometimes they just want to play in the tub and well...it's kind of hard to have fun with rubber duckies if it's just a shower! 

Kids Bathroom
I want to find a fun shower curtain that isn't too character or baby-like.
I'm thinking a trip to Target will solve this!
 Walk in closet - So the husband and I have been sharing the closet in the spare bedroom at my moms. Problem is...it's all shelving and no hanging racks. Which means I had to buy a rolling garment rack which are set up in the corner of the bedroom to hang all my man's suits and dress shirts on. Can't have the big money maker going to work in wrinkled suits right! Not only did I buy one for the suits but I had to buy a second one that is in the kids room to hang all of our winter coats , jackets and ski pants on (my mom has this teeny tiny hall closet where she hangs like 12 winter coats of her own. I've been lucky to squeeze two kid jackets in there...I'm not kidding about the 12 coats! She has a different coat for any and every occasion!) The good thing is I now have 2 rolling garment racks that I can use in the laundry room and store coats on in the basement until our big storage closet is finished. So score there, right?!

Mud room - with backpacks and jackets and diaper bags and car seats scattered all about the living room, I cannot wait until we have a dedicated space (hidden and out of the way) to store all that crap. Even if I have to label each hook with our names like an elementary classroom to get everyone to use it, I'll do it!


Mud Room
The builder will install little coat hooks, but I've got BIG plans for this little area.
Oh yes dear husband, BIG plans!

 Separate toilet - Let's just say most mornings the husband and I get ready at the same time. I won't go into details, you can imagine for yourself, but I'm excited that in our master bathroom the toilet is in its own little room. Door closed, fan on. Hallelujah!   

NEW everything
I'm excited to have everything new! New paint on the walls, new faucets, tubs, counters you name it! New CLEAN carpet especially. Olivia is just about mobile and well, the carpet at my mom's house has seen its share of hard times. I can't tell you how old the carpet is, or how many cats and dogs have come and gone. Unfortunately the male cats my mom had weren't the best cats and they've left their mark (literally) well after they are gone from this earth. I will NEVER own a male cat just for this reason, and the thought of my little girl crawling around on dirty cat stained carpet is gross. SO...new carpet, no pee...clean baby and happy mama!!


I cannot believe Olivia is already 5 months old and rolling all over the place.