Tuesday, January 18, 2011

And the finish begins!

We are in the process of finishing our basement. It's been almost 3 years since we've been in this home, it's about time. But it's nothing like when we built our first home and we were on a tight deadline. Nope, this is something we can do a little here, a little there. But we are hoping to have it all ready for flooring by the end of January.

My laundry room will become an office/exercise room. The spare bedroom will be a play room. Can I just say how excited I am to NOT have toys all over the house!! Nice! The bathroom will be the last room on list since it will be the most expensive to finish. But I AM GETTING A HUGE TUB!! I don't care if it takes up the entire bathroom area, I WANT MY JETTED TUB!!

We had an electrician come in and do all of the electrical work for us. So other than plumbing/carpet, Chris and I will be doing the basement on our own. We actually kinda of enjoy doing these projects. It gives us something that we can work together to do.

Office/exercise room
I had de-cluttered "a little" before this pic.
The washer & dryer will be framed off (eventually).De-cluttered!!Work in progress!
I would like to brag that I hung all the insulation MYSELF and in one evening!
Yes, that sound you hear is me patting myself on the back.