Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's 2011..do you know where your resolutions are?

Yep, I'm one of those suckers who believes in resolutions and actually looks forward to the strike of midnight. Call me crazy but what a great way to jump start your life, turn it around or just plain make it better. Give up old habits, vow to do better and live a happier life. There is simply something about January 1st that makes it easy to commit to change.

First, let's take a look back at 2010's resolutions:
1. Become debt free.
We did work hard on this one. However loosing my job in July and the Jeep issues really put a damper into our overall plan. However the goal remains the same, the date simply changed.
2. Become a stay-at-home-mom.
HA!! I actually did this one! Not by choice, well, by circumstance actually. I am a SAHM for the time being. We are actually okay with just Chris working, but because we have bigger goals and dreams for our family, that 2nd income would be very helpful. I'm on the job hunt but in this tough market it's taking a lot longer to find work. If it's meant to be, it will be !
3. Become healthier.
I've definitely done better at this. Always room for more improvement, but I've done better than in 2009.
4. Relax more.
Yeah I make this one every year, but with a 4yr old and 1yr old and a husband who works 12hr days, this is not always easy. I have become "calmer". Maybe that has something to do with the church teachings?
5. Read more.
Yes and no. I get into moods where I want nothing more than to cuddle up with a good book and read all day. Then I have days where the book becomes a coaster and I'm off doing other things. This one goes back on my 2011 list!!

2011 Resolutions
1. Exercise More
I really want to get back into running. I got an iPod for Christmas and already made my "running playlist" and my mom is taking me to get fitted for running shoes for my birthday. I have always loved running and was so envious when I watched my sister Steph run her first 1/2 marathon this year. I thought "next year, that will be ME!" I'm not going to commit to 13miles, but I'm definitely not going to sit on the side lines anymore!!
2. Debt Free
I feel it in my bones that 2011 will be our year. The only exception is Chris's student loan which will take more than one year to pay off. However everything else will be GONE, GONE GONE!
And what I love the most is that we are smart enough NOT to let the past (credit cards, you little devils you!) EVER put us into debt again. If we can't pay cash, we don't need it!
3. Temple Sealing
This one is a big one! In July I will have been a member of the church for a year and hopefully we can get our temple recommends, which means we will be able to get sealed as a family in the temple. If you're not LDS you might not understand what a big deal this is, but for us it's a big deal!
4. Read More.
I'm actually looking forward to this one. I think I've become WAY TOO lax on the TV with Anna and it's starting to show. I've also started a computer habit that was recently pointed out to me (does blogging count??). So I'm really limiting the amount of computer/tv time our family has. There are plenty of great books we can be reading as a family. And by setting the example, hopefully Anna will follow!
5. Attitude Overhaul!
This is a big one. It's a goal that has many areas. I'm going to be a dreamer again. I'm going to be courageous and not so fearful. I'm going to be brave. I'm going to be a fighter for my family. I'm not going to waste my time comparing myself (or my family) to anyone elses, trying to keep up with anyone or holding onto things I should be worried about. I'm going to live for what make me and my family happy. I'm going to live the life I should be living!

I hope 2011 is full of great memories and is the year of change!