Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 17 - Talent

I don't think I give Chris enough credit when it comes to home improvement jobs. I always tell him he has the 90% capacity. Meaning he completes the job 90% of the way, stops to get a drink/lunch and then never comes back to finish the 10%.

I was frustrated with him for not finishing the basement. Then we spoke and it came down to how he works such long days during the week that when he comes home, the last thing he wants to do is be working in the basement. That's when we finally agreed to let me hire someone to finish it (that gratitude post will come next week!!!)

However, he was super excited to install our wood floors in the front room and family rooms because A) it was easy and B) he was really, REALLY sick of the kid/animal stained carpet and C) we've had the flooring in the garage for 9 months, it was about time!!

Front Room




Family Room

BEFORE
 
DURING

 AFTER!!
 
Not only did he install the new wood flooring in, but he updated the baseboards too, which turned out very nice! We also rearranged the furniture a bit too, really opened it up I think!! We have area rugs on order from Home Depot, so as soon as those come in, the room will be so complete!!

I'm grateful for my husband's handyman talents, even when I get frustrated with that 10%!!