Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 3 - Spouse

So day 3 brings the topic of the SPOUSE. Oh where do I even begin?

Well let's see, I know I have a few "new" readers so let's start with June 1993! I met Chris one week after I graduated high school (he's a year older). We had a connection from day one. I was a new girl in the "group of boys" and he was the cocky guy, sitting across the camp fire with his Girbaud jeans, flannel shirt and Timberland boots. Back in 1993 that was hot! He had a smirk on his face and and got a kick out of teasing me and my girlfriend.  I'm most certain it was love at first site.

One month later we shared our first kiss on what would forever be considered our anniversary. July 6. We married 8 years later on July 6, 2001.

We've been through a lot in our 19 years together. The death of parents, college degrees, building a home ourselves, changing jobs, losing jobs, struggling to have babies and then finally having babies together, dealing with family and all time having each others back 100%.

Sure we have our moments with each other. We know exactly how to push each others buttons, but we also know what the other person needs to hear at that exact moment. Chris is my biggest cheerleader and my biggest supporter. His faith in God is something that amazes me every day. His incredibly strong work ethic is something to be envied, his love for his family and his need to protect them from the world around them is based off experience and his heart of pure love. He would do anything for his friends regardless of the return on investment. He's wary to trust people he doesn't know, but once you make his inner circle, you're in for life!

He loves to hunt and his Jeep is his 3rd baby. He loves the Raiders even when they lose, the Jazz, the Cubs (despite me being a Yankees fan) and fishing is something he would do everyday if he could.

He has goals and dreams bigger than this world and works tirelessly day in and out to achieve them or keep our family on the path to achieve them.

And oh man this guy makes me laugh! He does a mean John Black impression (from Days of Our Lives), he'll watch chick flicks with me, hug me when I cry during sappy moments, and will do a milkshake run even when it's late at night. How can you not love that??


He is a HUGE pushover when it comes to his girls.




I couldn't imagine life without him!