Monday, November 26, 2012

Day 24-25

Day 25 is all about FAMILY TIME.

My parents have a HUGE Dickens Village that my dad would normally set up the weekend after Thanksgiving. He would spend all day setting it up, usually by making ME climb up in to the attic to pull boxes. Why did I always get stuck climbing into that attic?  Since he passed, my sister Steph and BIL Will have been setting it up. But this year my mom came up with an idea to keep the tradition of the village alive and to keep the memory of my dad alive in the grandchildren, by having the entire family over the Saturday after Thanksgiving to help set it up and enjoy a nice dinner together.

I can't even begin to tell you how many little pieces are involved. There are houses and people and trees and streams and a train and SNOW, lots and lots of snow, more people, some animals...and you get the point.

The front room/dining room was chaos for a bit. But with a little delegation and a lot of bossiness (usually from ME!) we got the village set up!

Boards are down and snow is forming!

 Boxes are being unpacked!

 Placement of houses and businesses.
 
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

This is the Dickens Village.
I'm pretty sure a good chunk of our inheritance went into creating this village! (I'm kidding mom!!) It looks really neat at night when all the little house and street lights are on. I think however that unless my mom buys a bigger home, this village will not be able to grow anymore!
 
 




Day 24 - Black Friday
 
I didn't shop on Black Friday. Well I did go to the mall on Friday night with Abby, but I wouldn't call that shopping. She makes it hard to shop. I more walked the mall with either pushing her in the stroller or chasing after her with the stroller.
 
Nope, instead on Black Friday I tiled our bathroom floor. Good time. Good times.