Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Days 5 & 6

Day 5 - Home
Day 6 - Work

I'm combining days 5 & 6 because they really do go together.

HOME
We've outgrown our little home already. I blame it on the grandma's and Santa Claus. We need the extra room in the basement just to fit all the Polly Pockets and Horses my children have been collecting. So I finally hired a contractor to come in and finish it up. Shelves and door jams and baseboards...OH MY!

It's been a long, slow project. But the light at the end of the tunnel that had burnt out has finally been replaced and I can just now see that little shining light. Soon my dear children, soon!!




WORK
I work full-time. I have since I was 18. Balancing working outside of the home and having two kids is a FULL TIME JOB in itself. But I've been doing it since Anna was born so it all comes second nature now. I've been blessed to work for some great companies with great people. I've also been VERY blessed to have great daycare providers (Nina, Debi & Brigette). Without them I don't think it would be as easy as it is to leave your child behind each day.

I like what I do for work. I'm a natural care-taker so supporting three executives is a good fit for me. I've been an Executive Assistant for 12 years now, so I must be doing something right. Growing up, I always wanted to work in a field where I'd have to wear a power suit at work. To me a woman in a power suit meant...well POWER. But more so it represented SUCCESS! I think I got the idea from watching Melanie Griffth in Working Girl.  I've actually never owned a power suit, they just look so uncomfortable. Of course growing up in the 80's, power suits with big shoulders pad were the style! So I might not have that power suit, but I can still rock the big curly hair. Just like my girl Tess.